Choctaw center developer files suit over finance plan
Arkansas company alleges breach of contract by city of Choctaw
In its lawsuit, the developer also threatened to halt work on the development on NE 23 east of Henney Road.
“For obvious reasons, (Choctaw Town Square) is reluctant to continue construction on the project when, at this stage, CTS is not being reimbursed by the city and (the Choctaw Utilities Authority) for the costs it has incurred for project construction,” the lawsuit said.
The developer also claims in its lawsuit that Choctaw should pay for Choctaw Town Square's legal costs to defend itself against a lawsuit filed by Choctaw City Manager Robert L. Floyd last year.
Former manager sues
Floyd moved to sue Choctaw and Choctaw Town Square in June 2012. The former city manager claims in his lawsuit that the city council wrongfully fired him after he questioned the dollar amount on an invoice Choctaw Town Square submitted to the city.
The city has no agreement to pay the developer its legal costs in the case, Nelson said.
Choctaw Town Square principal Eldon Blackaby declined to comment on the lawsuit on Friday. An attorney for Choctaw Town Square could not immediately be reached for comment.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad