Choctaw company shows military commitment
Choctaw Defense – one of the manufacturing businesses owned and operated by the Choctaw Nation – has manufactured missile components, trailers, heaters and other military equipment for over 20 years.
Videoview all videos
Jul 1Choctaw Defense is one of the manufactoring arms of the...
Photoview all 8 photos
The flags are a symbol of the company's commitment to patriotism, Benefield said.
“There are men and women fighting every day,” he said. “We'll go above and beyond to support the soldiers.”
Colby Robinson, email and marketing director for the McAlester Chamber of Commerce, said he agrees.
“They have shown a strong commitment, not only to the troops, but to the entire community,” Robinson said. “They have participated in and manned many events in the city. Last year they participated in the Armed Forces Parade.”
Robinson said Choctaw Defense has had a positive impact on McAlester's economy.
“They have employed a lot of people in the city,” he said.
Benefield said Choctaw Defense currently employees over 200 people.
“One of our goals is to expand industry in southeast Oklahoma,” he said. “We offer jobs, good paying jobs to people during a time when it is most needed.”
Benefield said the recession has not affected workforce or production. In fact, he said, the company has doubled its labor force.
“All of all business is defense related. With budget crunches of the past, we were concerned we would start feeling the pain. But we have done nothing but prosper,” Benefield said.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located