Choctaw High School graduate returns as principal
David Reid is the new principal of Choctaw High School
Videoview all videos
Aug 22David Reid has been a teacher and administrator in the...
Photoview all photos
Reid has been a teacher and administrator in the district for 18 years. Before his promotion to the high school's top post, he served as principal for nine years at Nicoma Park Middle School.
McCharen said Reid's passion for educating children attracted the attention of administrators a number of years ago and they have followed his teaching career closely.
“Not only is David a veteran teacher in our school system, he's also a product of our school system,” McCharen said.
McCharen said Reid's “relationship with the patrons of our district” couldn't be overlooked. He said Reid fits in well with the goals of the school system as it continues to experience growth.
He referred to Reid as a cutting edge administrator and a leader in instructional technology.
“As a teacher, I learned that not one size fits all,” Reid said. “What works well for one student may not work for another.”
His approach to teaching is “meeting the kids' needs where they are now and helping them expand their horizons.”
He said his dream is to shake the hand of every senior when they walk across the stage to receive their diplomas.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims