Chrysler's plan for new cars and trucks
An Alfa Romeo sports car and a Jeep Grand Cherokee update are two of the splashier models Chrysler plans to roll out by 2015. The No. 3 U.S. automaker unveiled its list of upcoming cars and truck on Wednesday. Others include:
— A new midsize crossover SUV will replace the aging Jeep Liberty. It will get a different look and a nine-speed automatic transmission to help boost gas mileage and performance.
— An update of the Grand Cherokee that includes an optional diesel engine, more luxurious interior and new electronics systems. It also comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
— Update of the Jeep Compass small SUV, including a new six-speed automatic transmission and refreshed designs inside and out. A version with a manual transmission will get up to 30 mpg on the highway.
— Nine-speed automatic transmission for Dodge Dart compact, which came out last year. One of the current six-speed automatic transmissions felt too European for American tastes and hurt sales.
— New Ram commercial van and an update of the Ram heavy-duty pickup.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort