Cincinnati, San Francisco mayors bet on playoffs
CINCINNATI (AP) — Cincinnati Mayor Mark Mallory says he and San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee have a friendly bet on the baseball playoff series between the Cincinnati Reds and the San Francisco Giants.
Mallory says the city whose team loses will host a chili cook-off fundraiser at a fire station, and the proceeds will go to youth programs in the winning city.
Mallory says he hopes San Francisco chili is as tasty as promised so it can raise extra funds for Cincinnati youth.
Lee says he's sure he'll be seeing Cincinnati firefighters serving up the dish to benefit San Francisco youngsters.
The playoff series starts Saturday night in San Francisco.
The Reds won the National League Central division with a record of 97-65. The Giants topped the West division at 94-68.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort