Citizens with superior weapons won war for independence
Some people seem to think that only the military should be allowed certain weapons. They forget that the minutemen and other militia (citizens) who fought the war for independence had weapons that were typically superior to those of the British military. Also, cannons were available to the militia; otherwise, our Founders wouldn't have been able to use them against the British.
NewsOK Related Articles
Eric Miller, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims