City council races are set in Edmond, OK
Edmond Councilman Nick Massey will face Shilpa Abbitt in the Ward 4 council race April 2 in Edmond, OK. Mayor Charles Lamb will be on the ballot with Richard Prawdzienski. Ward 3 Councilman Darrell Davis did not draw an opponent during the three-day filing period that ended Wednesday.
EDMOND — Ward 3 Councilman Darrell Davis did not draw an opponent during the three-day city council filing period that ended at 5 p.m. Wednesday, while races shaped up for other city offices.
Mayor Charles Lamb, 66, will face Richard Prawdzienski, 65, in the April 2 election.
Ward 4 Councilman Nick Massey, 65, will be on the ballot against Shilpa Abbitt, 42.
Davis, 54, was appointed to Ward 3 council seat vacated by Lamb when he was appointed mayor. He was a 15-year member of the city's parks and recreation committee. He will serve a four-year term.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister