Clanton's Cafe — Route 66's oldest family restaurant
5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday
7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday
Gourmet Magazine columnist Michael Stern was traveling through Vinita in search of the best chicken fried steak on Route 66 when he stopped at Clanton’s. This led to a story in the February 2006 edition on outstanding chicken fried steaks.
Clanton’s chicken fried steak is a 5-ounce beef patty dipped in an egg and buttermilk mixture and then dredged in seasoned flour. The flour beef patty then is fried on a flat grill and served with mashed potatoes and white peppery cream gravy.
A chicken fried steak is $6.39 during lunch hour and a dollar more for dinner, Melissa Patrick said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort