Clara Luper production honors civil rights activist
The production centers on Clara Luper, who died June 8 in Oklahoma City at age 88, as she remembers the events of her life, including her role in the Civil Rights Movement.
The sights and sounds of the Civil Rights Movement came alive at Belle Isle Library as cast members rehearsing “Sitting in With Clara” were putting the final touches on their production.
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena