Class 2A football: Oklahoma Christian takes title with win over Davis
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“We had to keep our composure,” Brooks said. “We lost it for a little bit, but we had to bounce back. Connor kept going across the middle, kept going after the ball. He was great.
“This is more amazing than I ever dreamed of.”
Frankfurt, an emotional leader on both sides of the ball, had 55 of his 70 rushing yards in the second half, and his running ability helped OCS milk the clock.
His loss appeared crucial for the Saints, both from football and mental perspectives. But James filled in with 72 yards on 10 carries, virtually all after Frankfurt's injury.
The entire team kneeled around Frankfurt while he was down for several minutes, and prayed before he was loaded onto a stretcher.
“Me and Luke have played together for a while and that was hard,” said senior Blake Barnes, who caught two touchdown passes, and intercepted a Davis pass in the closing seconds to seal the win.
“I really wish he was here. This is just a great cap on the season. It's impossible to describe what I'm feeling right now. It's just amazing.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims