Class 2A football: Oklahoma Christian takes title with win over Davis
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“We had to keep our composure,” Brooks said. “We lost it for a little bit, but we had to bounce back. Connor kept going across the middle, kept going after the ball. He was great.
“This is more amazing than I ever dreamed of.”
Frankfurt, an emotional leader on both sides of the ball, had 55 of his 70 rushing yards in the second half, and his running ability helped OCS milk the clock.
His loss appeared crucial for the Saints, both from football and mental perspectives. But James filled in with 72 yards on 10 carries, virtually all after Frankfurt's injury.
The entire team kneeled around Frankfurt while he was down for several minutes, and prayed before he was loaded onto a stretcher.
“Me and Luke have played together for a while and that was hard,” said senior Blake Barnes, who caught two touchdown passes, and intercepted a Davis pass in the closing seconds to seal the win.
“I really wish he was here. This is just a great cap on the season. It's impossible to describe what I'm feeling right now. It's just amazing.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in