Class 3A boys basketball: Centennial rolls past Verdigris
YUKON — The two-time defending state champions are rolling in Class 3A.
Centennial came out crisp on Thursday night, opening up a comfortable first half lead, before finishing off a smooth 61-48 boys basketball quarterfinal win over Verdigris.
Videoview all videos
Mar 11Watch as a day passes in Oklahoma City's Big House during...
Mar 8The Oklahoman's Sports Editor Mike Sherman and NewsOK...
Photoview all 12 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Terry Davis, a talented sophomore who has taken a back seat at times this season (eight points per game coming in) was the offensive star, scoring a game-high 19 points in a variety of ways.
Cornelius McKiver (12), Malcolm Mitchell (11) and Cory Morgan (10) also chipped in double-digit outings to the Centennial cause.
With the win, Centennial is 20-8 on the season an faces Millwood, the last non-Centennial 3A team to win the state championship (2010), on Friday at 9 p.m. at State Fair Arena.
Verdigris finishes the year 23-5.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers