Class 4A football notebook: Clinton, Anadarko grind it out
Clinton and Anadarko were content to keep the ball on the ground for most of the Class 4A championship game Saturday afternoon at Boone Pickens Stadium.
NewsOK Related Articles
“We changed the defense up a little bit, tried to keep them confused,” Mitchell said. “We knew we couldn't let anything get behind us, keep everything in front, wrap up and tackle. We just had to keep fighting back.”
WARRIORS' WINNING STREAK SNAPPED
Anadarko coach Kent Jackson had a tough task addressing his team after a 28-game winning streak came to an end with the loss.
“I didn't want that loss to erase a great season,” Jackson said. “To come back the way we did at the end and give ourselves a chance, I'm very proud of them.”
The Warriors were thin on defense, and Clinton wore them down.
Anadarko linebacker Russell Mithlo was suspended for the game after being ejected in the semifinal win over Wagoner, and a pair of linebackers — Traymayne Wauahdooah and Jared Wheeler were hurt going into the game or during the game.
“It was tough that we were as banged up as we were,” Jackson said. “But those things happen.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort