Class 5A boys basketball: Tulsa Memorial ousts Lawton MacArthur, 51-43
TULSA — Tulsa Memorial beat Lawton MacArthur 51-43 in Friday's Class 5A boys' basketball semifinal at the Mabee Center, securing the Chargers a spot in Saturday's title game.
Photoview all 12 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Tulsa Memorial (22-5) will face either defending state champion Bishop McGuinness or Chickasha, who met later Friday in the other 5A semifinal, at 1:45 p.m.
The Chargers seek their fifth boys' basketball state championship, and their first since 2008.
Tulsa Memorial's win Friday didn't come nearly as easily as its quarterfinal game, which the Chargers won in a rout over Carl Albert.
Lawton MacArthur hung with Memorial until the very end. The game went into halftime tied at 27.
The Highlanders (18-9) earned their first state tournament victory since 1996 in Thursday's quarterfinal, which they won 55-44 over Noble.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes