Class 5A football notebook: Tulsa East Central's Bobby Klink succeeds in adversity
Photoview all 50 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Taylor hit Cherry again in the third quarter, but that drive stalled a few plays later.
Taylor, a standout receiver and defensive back, finished with 68 passing yards.
Tulsa East Central lineman Michael Johnson was a busy two-way player Saturday night, but if you weren't watching closely, you probably didn't notice.
The senior defensive end wears jersey No. 42, but when the Cardinals had the ball, Johnson would put a second jersey, No. 65, over the top of his standard uniform and enter the game as right tackle.
The No. 65 jersey was an older style and had red numbers, instead of the white numbers on the rest of the team's uniforms.
Johnson is listed on the roster as a fullback and moved to the line because of injuries.
ACADEMIC CHAMPIONS HONORED
State semifinalist Bishop McGuinness was honored as the Class 5A academic state champion, joining Bartlesville in Class 6A and Oologah in Class 4A.
In the eight-man classes, Laverne and Deer Creek-Lamont were named academic champions in Class B and C, respectively.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort