Class 6A girls basketball: Tulsa Union holds off Norman North
Tulsa Union turned up the pace on Norman North and the Lady Redskins set the tempo for a 44-40 win in the first round of the Class 6A girls basketball state tournament Thursday.
SKIATOOK — Tulsa Union turned up the pace on Norman North and the Lady Redskins set the tempo for a 44-40 win in the first round of the Class 6A girls basketball state tournament Thursday.
NewsOK Related Articles
I’mani Davis led Union with 16 points while Brittany Hill added 12.
Tulsa Union (18-10) will play Bixby at 9 a.m. Friday in one semifinal. Bixby won two of three between the teams. Bixby won 41-40 in mid-December, Union won 66-35 in early February before Bixby won 57-46 in regionals.
Bixby was without star Stevi Parker in the second meeting, though.
“They took their time with us last time,” Union coach Jim Stacy said. “We didn’t handle it very well. We’re going to have to do the little things better.”
Norman North’s season ends 19-8.
The Timberwolves, with a rotation of all underclassmen, figure to have an excellent shot to return next year.
“This was a great season,” Norman North coach Jeff Blough said. “The kids worked hard all the way from KU team camp throughout the year.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures