Class A football: QB Jace Brown made early impression on Wynnewood coach
Wynnewood quarterback Jace Brown will be playing his final high school football game Saturday as the Savages face Ringling for the Class A title. But his coach knew he'd be special from the first time he led a drive down the field.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Four years later, Brown has helped guide Wynnewood to the brink of its first title since 1992.
Brown has thrown for more than 2,500 yards and 25 touchdowns with just two interceptions.
“Everything he does, the way he manages the game, has been great,” Savages running back Trey Knowles said. “Especially when he's on the field in big games. He knows where to go with the ball and makes great decisions.”
Tracy Gandy has spent plenty of time watching Brown play this week.
The Ringling coach has the task of figuring out a way to slow the Savages' offense down.
“I don't know that I've seen him throw a bad ball on tape,” Gandy said of Brown. “You can't rattle him. He makes great decisions with the ball. He's as good of a deep-ball thrower as you'll ever see. It's scary how well he throws it.”
O'Steen said he has seen Brown make a pass or two he'd like to have back but it doesn't happen often.
“Well, he's made a couple but it's pretty rare,” O'Steen said. “He's very picky with the ball. He doesn't put us in bad situations.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M