Class A notebook: Ringling's Tracy Gandy carries on family tradition
Toby Keith watches from Ringling sideline.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
A week after watching his son's Norman North team fall in the Class 6A state title game, country music star Toby Keith watched the Class A game from the Ringling sidelines.
As the clock ticked off the final seconds, Gandy came over and thanked him for coming, and Keith congratulated him on the championship win.
“I've got a hunting and fishing ranch down there so I know a lot of the families of these guys,” Keith, wearing a Ringling hoodie, said. “It's a great bunch of small-town kids.”
It's not unusual to see a player participate with the band during halftime performances, but it's not necessarily something you expect at a state championship game.
Ringling sophomore lineman Cole Harbin got the best of both worlds Saturday. Not only did his team win the state championship, but he also got to play his trombone with the Ringling band on the Boone Pickens Stadium turf at halftime.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area