Class A semifinals: Wynnewood surges past Cashion
Savages score four straight touchdowns to advance to championship game.
NORMAN — Wynnewood running back Trey Knowles told his team to play harder.
After falling behind to Cashion in the second quarter, the senior running back delivered that message to his teammates.
NewsOK Related Articles
The top-ranked Savages scored four straight touchdowns to take a commanding lead en route to a 41-28 victory in the Class A semifinals on Saturday at Harve Collins Field.
“We want it that bad, we just have to play that bad,” Knowles said. “We just went out there and played our game. Played how we can play and came out with a win.”
Wynnewood, which last won a state title in 1992, plays Ringling next week at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater for the Class A championship.
Knowles accounted for three touchdowns, two of which opened the second half, and 175 yards on 23 carries.
And while Wynnewood (13-0) continuously ran the ball with a plethora of rushers, that opened the passing game for senior Jace Brown.
During the four-touchdown onslaught, Brown threw two TDs. He first connected with Levi Phillips for 85 yards to answer Cashion quarterback Ty Reasnor's first touchdown. Brown later hit Gus Reinert for a 30-yard TD in the third quarter that made it 34-7.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater