Class B girls: Ashley LaGasse leads No. 2 Lomega past No. 1 Hammon
Ashley LaGasse scored 28 points and had two crucial steals in the fourth quarter as No. 2 Lomega defeated No. 1 Hammon 60-52 in the Class B girls semifinal Friday night at State Fair Arena.
Photoview all 37 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
LaGasse stole the ball again on Hammond's next possession and converted two free throws on the other end of the floor, increasing the Lady Warriors lead to 54-45 and essentially icing the game.
LaGasse scored nine of her game-high 28 points in the fourth quarter, seven in the final 2:39. She also had five rebounds and two steals in the game.
“We started slow but just we finally started making a few shots,” LaGasse said. “Everything loosened up and we just relaxed and started playing.”
Lomega (27-6) now will get an opportunity to defend its state title against Erick in a noon championship game at State Fair Arena.
“We worked hard all season,” LaGasse said. “We lost a few games we shouldn't, but we wanted to come back (to the state title game).”
Seniors Kori Barrios and Peyton Walker scored 19 and 13 points for Hammon (26-5), which lost in the state championship game the past two seasons. Barrios also had 12 rebounds.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort