Class B girls: Maranda Janz, Shyli May lead Erick to win over Shattuck
Erick has a knack for the big shot two days into the Class B state tournament.
On Thursday, Maranda Janz hit a big 3-pointer and Shyli May closed out the victory against Timberlake with a crucial free throw.
Photoview all 37 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Friday morning, it was nearly the same formula as Janz hit three big 3-pointers in the fourth quarter and May made the go-ahead trey in overtime to lift the No. 8-ranked Bearcats over No. 11 Shattuck 51-44 at State Fair Arena.
“We're just one of those teams that … it just clicks,” May said about the big shots.
Erick now awaits the winner of No. 1 Hammon and No. 2 Lomega for Saturday's title game at noon in State Fair Arena.
But it nearly blew the game at the end of the fourth.
Shattuck (24-5) erased a five-point deficit in the final 28 seconds, and it was fueled by a turnover with 10 seconds remaining that allowed Takeyah Thomas to tie the game with two free throws to ultimately force overtime.
Erick (23-8), though, regrouped in overtime and took control with May's 3-pointer with 1:37 remaining.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort