Class C football: Tipton beats Forgan to win title
Tipton held Forgan to 28 yards in the second half while its offense manufactured three touchdowns to win the Class C championship with a 30-12 victory on Saturday at Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
WEATHERFORD — Tipton held Forgan to 28 yards in the second half while its offense manufactured three touchdowns to win the Class C championship with a 30-12 victory on Saturday at Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
NewsOK Related Articles
Tipton (14-0) trailed 12-6 at halftime, and a few tweaks made all the difference.
“We made a few minor adjustments,” said coach Jim Kerbo said. “Just reacting a little different to their motion on offense. And on our offense, changing how we hit the holes just a little.”
That was all the tinkering that was needed. The Tigers looked like an entirely different team in the second half, especially on defense. In the third quarter, Forgan had minus-2 yards of offense and never sniffed a first down, much less a touchdown.
Josh Torres led the Tipton offense with 25 carries for 120 yards and two touchdowns.
Dalton Lemieux had a 10-yard touchdown run and was 4-of-7 passing for 101 yards for Forgan (12-1).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in