Class C football: Tipton beats Forgan to win title
Tipton held Forgan to 28 yards in the second half while its offense manufactured three touchdowns to win the Class C championship with a 30-12 victory on Saturday at Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
WEATHERFORD — Tipton held Forgan to 28 yards in the second half while its offense manufactured three touchdowns to win the Class C championship with a 30-12 victory on Saturday at Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
NewsOK Related Articles
Tipton (14-0) trailed 12-6 at halftime, and a few tweaks made all the difference.
“We made a few minor adjustments,” said coach Jim Kerbo said. “Just reacting a little different to their motion on offense. And on our offense, changing how we hit the holes just a little.”
That was all the tinkering that was needed. The Tigers looked like an entirely different team in the second half, especially on defense. In the third quarter, Forgan had minus-2 yards of offense and never sniffed a first down, much less a touchdown.
Josh Torres led the Tipton offense with 25 carries for 120 yards and two touchdowns.
Dalton Lemieux had a 10-yard touchdown run and was 4-of-7 passing for 101 yards for Forgan (12-1).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims