Benedictine Hall, built in 1915 and subsequently renovated, has been designated a national historic landmark. It contains the administrative and faculty offices, classrooms, science laboratories, computer laboratories, campus mailroom and the James J. Kelly Library, which contains over 50,000 bound volumes.
St. Gregory's University, the oldest institution of higher learning in Oklahoma and the only Catholic university in the state, serves approximately 700 students in two colleges – the College of Arts and Sciences and the College for Working Adults. SGU's overall mission is to promote the education of the whole person in the context of a Christian community in which students are encouraged to develop a love of learning and to live lives of balance, generosity and integrity. The university's main campus is located in Shawnee, a city with a population of nearly 30,000. It is located 35 miles from Oklahoma City, 100 miles from Tulsa and 205 miles from Dallas.