Classic Roasted Turkey
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the variety of methods and advice available for roasting the Thanksgiving turkey. I started basting our turkey with this sand plum jelly and butter mixture several years ago. It finishes beautifully with a lovely sweet golden finish. Consider the amount of oven space you will have available and what will be most practical for you in your kitchen. This classic method can be used with a lidded roasting pan or heavy duty roaster with a tent of foil until final basting. Plan about 15 minutes roasting time per pound plus an additional 20 to 30 minutes resting time.
Videoview all videos
Nov 4Dave Cathey tests out a new indoor fryer that can be used...
Nov 4Join Sherrel Jones and Angi Bruss as they whip up some...
Nov 4Join Sherrel Jones and Angi Bruss as they prepare a...
Nov 4Join Sherrel Jones and Angi Bruss as they cook a...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
How do I get Full Access?
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction