Clemson-Wake Forest Preview Capsule
No. 14 Clemson (6-1, 3-1) at Wake Forest (4-3, 2-3), 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Line: Clemson by 12.
Series Record: Clemson leads 59-17-1.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
Clemson can't afford a slip-up in its pursuit of a second straight Atlantic Coast Conference championship. The Tigers have won three in a row since their only loss to Atlantic Division co-leader Florida State and probably need to win out and hope someone else beats the Seminoles. Wake Forest could use a rare win over Clemson to get to .500 in league play and enhance its bowl resume.
Clemson RB Andre Ellington vs. Wake Forest's run defense. The Demon Deacons have been stout against the run lately, holding each of their last two opponents to fewer than 55 yards rushing. A few big runs by Ellington could open things up for the Tigers' big-play passing game, led by QB Tajh Boyd and WRs DeAndre Hopkins and Sammy Watkins.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Clemson: Boyd is looking to bounce back from a subpar 160-yard day against Virginia Tech — he averages 291 yards passing — and wants to duplicate his 343-yard, two-touchdown performance in last year's meeting.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit