Oklahoma fugitives apprehended in Washington State
Three Cleveland County fugitives wanted on multiple complaints of sexual abuse involving a 13-year-old girl were apprehended Tuesday in Vancouver, Wash.
NORMAN — Three Cleveland County fugitives apprehended Tuesday in Vancouver, Wash., will be brought back to Oklahoma to face multiple allegations of child sexual abuse, officials said.
Videoview all videos
Aug 29Three Cleveland County fugitives wanted on multiple...
Photoview all photos
U.S. marshals arrested Joseph Michael Siford, 40, and Danyale Bernice Siford, 34, both of Moore, and Michelle Danae Walker, 43, of Noble, as they were leaving a motel, said Meghan McCormick, spokeswoman for the Cleveland County Sheriff's Department.
McCormick announced the arrests Wednesday at a joint news conference with Craig Hines, chief deputy of the U.S. Marshal's Office, Western District, and Callen Stephens, coordinator of the Metro Fugitive Task Force.
The three are accused of molesting a 13-year-old girl on multiple occasions in June and July at houses in Noble, Moore and Norman.
Sheriff's deputies served search warrants at the Sifords' house in Moore and Walker's residence in Noble on Aug. 16 after allegations of sexual abuse were brought to their attention.
All three people called in sick to work the next day, McCormick said, and on Aug. 19 the Sifords emailed their bosses that they were resigning.
When deputies returned to the residences, it appeared both houses had been abandoned, she said. Walker's car was later found abandoned in a Moore shopping center parking lot.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister