Coale to coach US team at World University Games
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Oklahoma's Sherri Coale has been chosen to coach the U.S. basketball team at the Women's World University Games this summer in Russia.
Coale has previously served as an assistant coach and selection committee member with USA Basketball, but this will be her first head coaching assignment. Her assistant coaches will be Marist's Brian Giorgis and Penn State's Coquese Washington.
The U.S. is the defending champion, having won the World University Games gold medal in 2011. The 16-team competition will take place July 8-15 in Kazan, Russia. It features players between 17 and 24 years old.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims