Cold front hits; power outages reported; streets hazardous
Videoview all videos
Jan 6Rick Smith, forecaster with the National Weather Service...
Jan 5Rick Smith, warning coordination meteorologist with the...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Temperatures are expected to return to seasonal norms by Sunday, forecasters said.
Oklahoma City-area forecast
- Overnight: Cloudy. Low around 12 with wind chill values as low as -5. North-northeast winds 8 to 11 mph increasing to 23 to 26 mph and gusting to 37 mph. Thirty percent chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 9 p.m., then a chance of snow. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday: Partly sunny. High near 17 with wind chill values as low as -8. North-northwest winds 16 to 24 mph, gusting to 34 mph.
- Thursday night: Mostly cloudy. Low around 5 with wind chill values as low as -11. North winds 13 to 15 mph, gusting to 21 mph.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction