UPDATE: Cold front moving into Oklahoma City Thursday with rain chances and high winds
Temperatures are falling in central Oklahoma. There is a chance of rain Thursday morning.
8 a.m. Cloudy skies have covered central Oklahoma Thursday morning. Temperatures will continue to drop as chances of rain increase, the National Weather Service reports.
Videoview all videos
Oct 25Cooler weather will occur through at least the weekend as...
Photoview all photos
6:50 a.m. Temperatures have dropped into the 40s in northwest Oklahoma with wind gusts over 30 mph as a cold front pushes its way toward Oklahoma City, the National Weather Service reports. Temperatures will continue to drop Thursday morning.
4:50 a.m. Temperatures are falling in Oklahoma as a cold front moves in.
The temperature in central Oklahoma will drop to around 52 degrees by 5 p.m. Thursday, the National Weather Service reports. Winds could gust up to 31 mph Thursday. There is a chance for rain in Oklahoma City before 1 p.m.
The Oklahoma City forecast from the weather service is as follows:
Thursday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms mainly between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. Partly sunny with a temperature falling to around 52 by 5 p.m. South, southwest wind 17 to 22 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister