College baseball: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State sweep doubleheaders
Oklahoma State opened the home portion of its baseball schedule by sweeping a doubleheader against Alcorn State on Tuesday at Allie P. Reynolds Stadium in Stillwater.
The Cowboys won Game 1 11-3, then took Game 2 8-1 to improve their record to 4-1.
Third baseman Robbie Rea drove in three runs in Game 1. OSU starter Jon Perrin (1-0) worked 6 1/3 innings to earn the win. He allowed five hits and two runs, one earned, with five strikeouts.
In Game 2, first baseman Tanner Krietemeier was 3 for 4 with three RBIs, and Trey Whaley hit a three-run pinch-hit home run to power the Cowboys.
OU sweeps doubleheader
Oklahoma its record to 6-0 with a doubleheader sweep of Arkansas-Pine Bluff at L. Dale Mitchell Park. The Sooners edged the Golden Lions 4-2 in Game 1 before rolling to an 11-1 victory in eight innings in Game 2.
OU left-hander Adam Choplick put together a strong debut in Game 1, striking out six over five innings while surrendering just one hit.
In Game 2, the Sooners matched their season high for hits with 11, led by junior second baseman Hector Lorenzana, who went 3-for-3 with two doubles, an RBI and a run scored. Matt Oberste went 2-for-4 and crushed a three-run homer over the left-field wall in the fifth inning.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes