College baseball: Oklahoma State routs Kansas; Sooners swept by Texas A&M
OSU's 11-1 win over Kansas on Saturday marks the first Big 12 series win of the season.
Jared Womack drove in four runs, and every player in Oklahoma State's lineup collected a hit during Saturday's 11-1 drubbing of Kansas at Allie P. Reynolds Stadium.
The win gives the Cowboys (16-14, 3-5 Big 12) their first Big 12 series win of the season.
OSU scored six runs in the seventh, which was highlighted by Womack's three-run double. Hunter Bailey and Jarrett Higgins also drove in a run as the Pokes sent 10 batters to the plate.
The Cowboys jumped to a 5-0 lead in the sixth when Wes Jones belted a two-run double, Zach Fish had an RBI fielder's choice and Womack had an RBI single.
Kyle Ottoson improved to 2-4 on the season behind seven strong innings. He allowed just one run on eight hits and struck out six.
OSU looks for the series sweep on Sunday at 1 p.m.
Sooners swept by Aggies
Despite another early lead, No. 22 Oklahoma failed to hold off No. 4 Texas A&M on Saturday and in turn suffered a 5-3 loss and three-game sweep.
Matt Juengel put the Aggies up for good in the fifth with a two-run double off Oklahoma starter Jonathan Gray.
The Sooners (18-14, 4-8) took a 3-1 lead in the top of the third.
“Texas A&M can flat play; they can pitch,” Oklahoma coach Sunny Golloway said. “Honestly, I am going to miss coming down here and, unfortunately, we have to live with our last trip like this. It's not that we didn't play well, we just didn't win and there were three really good ballgames.”
OU hosts No. 9 Arkansas on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments