College football: Florida State's Jimbo Fisher needs a win Saturday
COACH ON THE HOT SEAT — Florida State football seemed to be on the uptick under Jimbo Fisher, but is the Seminoles' success built upon a woeful ACC?
Florida State football seemed to be on the uptick under Jimbo Fisher. The Seminoles had landed in the ACC title game for just the second time since 2005. And with meager Georgia Tech awaiting there, Florida State seemed poised to win its first conference championship in seven years.
NewsOK Related Articles
Then came a 37-26 home loss to Florida last Saturday, and now the Seminoles' 2012 success seems built upon a woeful Atlantic Coast Conference.
This hearkens back to the Bobby Bowden twilight years. Florida State won just one ACC title in Bowden's final six seasons.
Fisher is still well-regarded in Tallahassee, but now the Seminoles have to wonder when or if their return to the pinnacle occurs. Beating Georgia Tech on Saturday would at least give Florida State the balm of a trophy. Losing would signal that things really haven't changed.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort