College football roundup: East Central defeats Arkansas Tech
WILSON LIFTS SOUTHWESTERN
Southwestern Oklahoma State running back Aaron Wilson ran for 289 yards and two touchdowns on 30 carries to lift the Bulldogs to a 38-21 victory over the University of Arkansas-Monticello at Fast Lane Field.
Wilson's two touchdowns came in the second half, and provided some breathing room. He scored on runs of 25 and 1 yards.
Southwestern is now 3-6 on the season. It hosts Harding next week.
NORTHWESTERN EDGES SNU
Northwestern Oklahoma State beat Southern Nazarene 35-28 for its third straight victory.
Kyle Jech threw for 278 yards and three touchdowns, completing 19 of 31 passes. Jech's touchdown pass to Jeremiah Carter with 11:41 remaining proved the difference.
Keenan Santacruz returned an interception 35 yards for a touchdown midway through the first.
SNU quarterback Dylan Terry threw three touchdowns.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister