College football: Stillwater's Jesse Vester at NEO after failing to qualify for OSU
Former Stillwater receiver Jesse Vester couldn't reach qualification for Oklahoma State, so he will play for NEO this fall. He's disappointed but excited about the opportunity he has in Miami.
MIAMI, Okla. — Jesse Vester wishes he was back in Stillwater right now.
About that, he is honest as can be.
But the former Stillwater High standout receiver was also visibly excited Wednesday talking about his opportunity to grow as a player and student in junior college.
Vester double signed with Oklahoma State and Northeastern Oklahoma A&M in February while he worked to become academic qualified for NCAA Division I football.
He couldn't quite reach qualification for OSU, so instead he'll suit up for the Norsemen this fall.
“I can't sit here and say I wasn't disappointed, because I really worked hard and did everything I could to try to qualify,” Vester said.
“But it didn't work out. There's a plan for everything, so I just have to roll with it and make the best of the situation. That's what I've tried to do.”
Vester said he's currently slated to start this fall for Northeastern A&M as the slot receiver, a position he hasn't played since his freshman year of high school and is relearning.
“I'm having a lot of fun out here getting stronger, getting faster and getting in shape,” Vester said.
When asked if his scholarship offer at Oklahoma State will still be good when he's done with junior college, Vester said he didn't know for sure.
“I was just told to come over here, take care of my business and everything will fall into place,” he said.
Vester (5-foot-10, 180 pounds), the kick returner on The Oklahoman's 2011 All-State football team, scored 15 touchdowns and had 1,125 receiving yards as a senior at Stillwater.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments