College football: Troy has Mississippi State on upset alert
In 2004, 19th-ranked Missouri played at Troy, the first time the upstart Trojans had enticed a major-conference foe to the south of Alabama. Mizzou lost 24-14.
Videoview all videos
NewsOK Related Articles
In 2007, another major-conference team dared venture to Troy. Oklahoma State went home a 41-23 loser.
And Saturday night, Troy finally gets another home game against a big boy, and this time it's a Southeastern Conference foe.
Mississippi State, 2-0, has been impressive this season, notably its 28-10 victory over Auburn last week. Meanwhile, Troy struggled, losing 37-24 at home to Louisiana-Lafayette.
Troy is a 16-point underdog. But the Trojans will be ready. Getting an SEC school to come to Troy is a dream come true. Let's go with the Trojans in the upset.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena