College softball: Oklahoma blanks Arizona
Lauren Chamberlain homered twice in Sooners' 4-0 victory at the Judi Garman Classic
Lauren Chamberlain homered twice and Keilani Ricketts threw her 10th shutout of the season Saturday as the top-ranked Sooners beat No. 14 Arizona 4-0 in the Judi Garman Classic in Fullerton, Calif.
The Sooners (25-1) are now 9-1 against top-25 teams this season. They have outscored them 61-4 in the 10 games.
Ricketts (12-0) struck out seven, and at one point retired 19 straight batters.
Oklahoma has now won eight straight games.
COWGIRLS WIN TWO
Oklahoma State (18-12) won both of its games in the USF Spring Invitational, beating Robert Morris 3-0 and Boston 7-1 in Clearwater, Fla.
Oklahoma State has now won 11 straight.
In the Cowgirls' finale against Robert Morris, pitcher Simone Freeman struck out 15.
Erika Campbell had a pinch-hit RBI single in the seventh inning to seal the victory.
In the opener, Oklahoma State pounded out nine hits. Tamara Brown went 2 for 4, while Samantha Chrisman was 2 for 2 with a double, home run and five RBIs.
The Cowgirls play LIU Brooklyn on Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion