College wrestling: No. 2-ranked OSU squeezes past No. 5 Missouri
Chris Perry, ranked No. 1 at 174 pounds, suffers first loss of the season. Perry loses 9-1 major decision to No. 14-ranked Todd Porter.
COLUMBIA, Mo. — No. 2-ranked Oklahoma State won three of the last four matches Friday night and defeated No. 5 Missouri 21-13 in Big 12 wrestling at Hearnes Center.
Jordan Oliver (149 pounds), Alex Dieringer (157) and Tyler Caldwell (165) all won by decision to help the Cowboys pull away for their 12th dual win of the season. A big surprise was the last match of the night, at 174 pounds. Missouri's No. 14-ranked Todd Porter scored a 9-1 major decision over top-ranked and previously unbeaten Chris Perry.
OSU (3-0 Big 12) only scored one bonus-point win, that coming at heavyweight. No. 3-ranked Alan Gelogaev pinned Devin Mellon in 4 minutes, 15 seconds. Missouri (10-2, 0-1) then won three consecutive matches to draw within 12-9.
The Cowboys continue a road trip at 2 p.m. Sunday against Iowa State (5-3, 1-1) in Ames. Missouri will host Oklahoma (4-5, 2-1) at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort