Colorado reports 2 more flu-related child deaths
DENVER (AP) — Two more children have died from flu in Colorado, bringing the total this season to four pediatric deaths.
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment said Tuesday that one of the latest child deaths was in Denver and the other was in El Paso County. The earlier cases were in Denver and Jefferson County. Exact ages of the victims weren't released.
As of Jan. 12, the state had reported 674 cases of people hospitalized with the flu in 36 counties.
The health department doesn't track adult deaths due to flu.
In recent years, Colorado has had anywhere from 12 pediatric flu deaths to none.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims