Colorado ski season starts with A-Basin opening
KEYSTONE, Colo. (AP) — Colorado's ski season is under way.
Arapahoe Basin opened Wednesday with an 18-inch base, one intermediate trail and one lift operating.
The ski area is the first in Colorado to open for this winter.
Arapahoe Basin is traditionally among the first resorts in the country to open for the season.
Loveland Ski Area has said it plans to open in October but has not set a specific date. Other Colorado ski area have set opening days for November or December.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort