Colts waive Mewelde Moore among handful of moves
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indianapolis Colts have waived running back Mewelde Moore and nose tackle Antonio Dixon.
Indy also promoted cornerback Marshay Green and fullback Robert Hughes from the practice squad to the active roster on Monday, and signed cornerback Teddy Williams to the practice squad.
The moves come one day after starting cornerback Vontae Davis left the Colts' 19-13 overtime victory at Tennessee with a left knee injury. Interim coach Bruce Arians says Davis' MRI results were not yet available.
Moore had nine carries for 14 yards and four receptions for 36 yards and one TD in six games this season. Dixon made one tackle in two games.
Green and Hughes were cut in August and signed to Indy's practice squad in October. The speedy Williams was cut by Dallas in August.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes