Commentary: Danica's romance, Gen 6 car top NASCAR storylines
The haulers should be rolling into Daytona anytime now. NASCAR's short respite is over, and it's time to welcome in the 2013 season.
Sure everyone is “excited” about their prospects going into the new season, but we are here to separate fact from fiction. That said, we know that drivers such as Aric Almirola, Juan Pablo Montoya and Jeff Burton are long-shots — as in 300-to-1 — to win a Sprint Cup championship. The smart money will ride on guys such as Brad Keselowski, Jimmie Johnson and Denny Hamlin.
NewsOK Related Articles
But the more compelling storylines this season involve something more challenging than handicapping odds. Here's a look at our Top Five Sprint Cup topics of interest in 2013:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in