Commentary: It was time for Michael Young to go, but it's still sad
In today's world of what-have-you-done-for-us-lately, Michael Young didn't do much last season, which combined with an age factor of 36, meant the Rangers' all-time leader in just about everything worthwhile was a goodbye waiting to happen this winter.
NewsOK Related Articles
The goodbye came Saturday, when Young began informing teammates he was accepting an arranged trade to Philadelphia. Actually, it was a dump job more than a trade to the Phillies, requiring...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister