Commentary: Pitching hurts and that's the pain truth
TAMPA, Fla. — It was midway through the 2012 season when CC Sabathia finally surrendered to the pain in his t elbow — it would ride shotgun with the big left-hander all the way to the disastrous final game of the ALCS against the Tigers. It wasn't until surgery in November that Sabathia's arm finally healed, but there was no forgetting the lesson of those last four months.
NewsOK Related Articles
Sabathia had developed bone chips and, despite getting a cortisone shot, felt discomfort “every single pitch.” That was hardly a surprise: bone chips, or calcium deposits, are the nasty...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims