Commentators' standard of speech quality diminishing
Am I the only one who's noticed that TV news commentators are using the word “yeah” as if it's the correct pronunciation of “yes”? As a past high school English teacher, it grates on my nerves whenever “yes” is mispronounced. Will we now hear TV commentators use the word “huh” instead of “What did you say?” The standard of speech quality seems to have been diminished by those who appear on TV.
NewsOK Related Articles
Pat Reed, Warr Acres
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion