Commission names forensic artist as Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation interim director
Harvey Pratt, regarded as one of the foremost forensic artists in America, has been named the interim director of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. Pratt, 69, is a member of the Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribes and a 38-year veteran of the OSBI.
A forensic artist and 38-year veteran of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has been appointed the law enforcement agency's interim director.
Videoview all videos
Jul 28Harvey Pratt has been named the new OSBI Interim Director.
Jul 27Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Commissioner Mike...
Photoview all photos
Harvey Pratt, 69, regarded as one of the foremost forensic artists in America, will become interim director when Director A. DeWade Langley leaves on Monday.
"I love this agency. I love the employees," Pratt said. "I think that I can hold a balance and move things forward and try to resolve some issues that have come up recently."
Pratt referenced a series of articles in The Oklahoman raising some issues brought forth by a former OSBI investigator and families whose loved ones' deaths remain unsolved. Among the complaints were agents' casework and internal fighting among its employees.
"I want the people of Oklahoma to know we're going to look into those things," he said.
"The OSBI is a professional organization, and we've helped solve a lot of cases."
The seven-member OSBI Commission unanimously selected Pratt from several internal candidates. Commissioners have planned a nationwide search for a permanent director. Applications for that position will be taken until Oct. 1, and interviews with finalists will determine Langley's successor.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims