Committee has no comment on Gio Gonzalez's involvement with Biogenesis
Warren Spahn Award winner's name has been linked to an anti-aging clinic under investigation for providing performance-enhancing drugs to athletes, but the Nationals lefty denies using PEDs and has never tested positive.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Other awards have been stripped once evidence proved an athlete has taken a banned substance. Lance Armstrong and Floyd Landis were stripped of their Tour de France titles.
After testing positive, Marion Jones was stripped of five Olympic medals from the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Sprinter Ben Johnson also lost his gold medal.
Brian Cushing won the 2010 NFL Rookie of the Year award in a revote after he tested positive for a banned substance but was stripped of second-team All-Pro honors.
Banned substances have affected nearly every sport. Dancer's Image won the 1968 Kentucky Derby but was stripped of the title when a lab report revealed the horse was given an illegal substance.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad