Community bank bloggers make stop in Edmond
Retired banker Larry Marik and his wife, Mary Ann, travel the country in their 40-foot Winnebago visiting community banks. The couple visited Citizens Bank of Edmond on Tuesday.
EDMOND — While touring the country in a 40-foot Winnebago, it's not uncommon for retired banker Larry Marik to ask waitresses and cashiers where they do their banking.
The Mariks' blog can be viewed at: www.ababj.com/blog/1994.html
Mark and wife, Mary Ann, maintain the blog Bankers on Wheels for the American Bankers Association Journal, where they write about their travels visiting community banks across the country.
The couple stopped at Citizens Bank of Edmond on Tuesday to visit with the staff after Jill Castilla, executive vice president and chief credit officer, sent an email inviting them to visit.
Founded in 1901, Citizens Bank is Edmond's oldest community bank.
“I had followed their blog and sent them a note asking them to consider stopping by,” Castilla said. “It's so nice to have somebody show an interest in community banking and what we do.”
The Mariks were returning to their hometown in Nebraska from their winter residence in Arizona when they stopped in Edmond on Tuesday.
They were traveling via car instead of Winnebago, and apologized to bank staff for not bringing their RV.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 75968Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30909Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28067Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24729Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6906Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 6904Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6686Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond