Computer maker Lenovo to bring 115 jobs to NC
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Electronics maker Lenovo will start making computers at its warehouse near Greensboro.
The company announced Tuesday that it will hire 115 employees to help make the tablet, notebook and desktop computers at its Whitsett facility about 10 miles east of Greensboro.
Lenovo is a Chinese company with a headquarters in Morrisville. The company is trying to expand its sales in the United States.
The new computer line should be producing products by early 2013.
Gov. Beverly Perdue says Lenovo has a tremendous amount of confidence in North Carolina workers.
U.S. Sen. Richard Burr says Lenovo realized how much talent and potential are available with workers in the state
In the past two years, Lenovo has opened plants in China, Brazil and the United States.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister