Computer maker Lenovo to bring 115 jobs to NC
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Electronics maker Lenovo will start making computers at its warehouse near Greensboro.
The company announced Tuesday that it will hire 115 employees to help make the tablet, notebook and desktop computers at its Whitsett facility about 10 miles east of Greensboro.
Lenovo is a Chinese company with a headquarters in Morrisville. The company is trying to expand its sales in the United States.
The new computer line should be producing products by early 2013.
Gov. Beverly Perdue says Lenovo has a tremendous amount of confidence in North Carolina workers.
U.S. Sen. Richard Burr says Lenovo realized how much talent and potential are available with workers in the state
In the past two years, Lenovo has opened plants in China, Brazil and the United States.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims