Conference to look at renewable energy initiatives
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — People interested in renewable energy and energy efficiency can learn the latest developments at a workshop.
The event will feature officials from federal agencies, national laboratories, industry and academic centers. The workshop is set for March 24-26 at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville.
The conference is organized by the University of Louisville's Conn Center for Renewable Energy Research.
Conference sessions will focus on solar energy, energy materials discovery, biofuels and biomass conversion, energy storage and energy-efficient buildings. It will feature current research and discussion about commercializing renewable energy innovations.
UofL has its own special recognition for advancements in renewable energy. The school is planning the first awarding this fall of the Leigh Ann Conn Prize for Renewable Energy. The $50,000 award will recognize ideas that had global impact.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense